For Examples of acceptable photo IDs, click here.
A federal or state government issued photo ID is now required to vote, unless an exception applies.
Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
- Tennessee drivers license with your photo
- United States Passport
- Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security photo ID
- Photo ID issued by the federal government or State of Tennessee, such as an employee ID from the U.S. Department of Energy with your photo
- United States Military photo ID, including a Veteran Identification Card
- Tennessee handgun carry permit with your photo
- Voters who vote absentee by mail (view requirements here)
- Voters who are residents of a licensed nursing home or assisted living center and who vote at the facility
- Voters who are hospitalized
- Voters with a religious objection to being photographed
- Voters who are indigent and unable to obtain a photo ID without paying a fee
Alternatively, you can download this information Here. (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required)
Information about required photo identification: